Game Engineer/ Developer/Programmer, AI (Games) Programmer, Gameplay Programmer, Graphics Programmer, Network (Games) Programmer, Physics Programmer, Tools Programmer, UI Programmer, Software Engineer
Qualities of a Game Programmer
- Has a passion and talent for logic, math, and programming.
- Loves deconstructing games and their systems to figure out how they work and how they are built.
- Is creative and enjoys problem solving to find the best solutions.
- Loves technology and is willing to be bold and fearless when it comes to learning new things.
- Is intellectually curious and loves to explore all kinds of topics and experiences to become a better programmer.
- Is a good communicator and likes working with others.
- Solid understanding of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry
- Advanced math classes through Applied Calculus
- Science especially Physics
- Programming (any languages or scripting environments)
- Web Development classes
- Robotics clubs and/or competitions
- Alice programming environment (alice.org)
- Unreal Development Kit (PC)
- Microsoft XNA (PC)
- Gamemaker (PC)
- Game Salad (Mac)
- Mod any game and using scripting